Saturday, March 3, 2007

Black Widow Spider King Shawl--Center Completed!

Gaze upon it now, because once I have laboriously picked up all the stitches on a circular needle, you won't get to see a lot of eye candy. It will, alas, resemble Harry's sloppy web for a long time to come.

I worked out the outer border this morning, so I have a reasonable idea of what I will be doing. I think. Maybe. Ah well, that's what fudge is good for, yes? (Click on the picture to see a higher-resolution view.)



Here's a detail pix:


I have turned a corner of the Dragone shawl and will be busy finishing that before I return to the BWSK.

And for those of you who want a Harry sequel, I would be happy to write one if I could think of a story line. Here's where you can contribute to my madness!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Just, um, WOW! That leaves me a bit tingly, just looking at it. Stunning, fleegle, simply stunning. Be very, very proud of yourself. And a bit of smugness wouldn't be amiss, either.
Lori

Two twigs and a string.... said...

*drools* OHH WOW... I wanna do it!!! IS this your own design? if so will you be sharing/selling the pattern? If not your own..then where can we get the pattern please!!! *begs shamelessly*

mehitabel said...

That is a gorgeous piece of work! I'm a new reader but just had to say, WOW! And do share pattern info.

Anonymous said...

yep. What they said. Wow. Gorgeous. Pattern? all that.

Brenda at Laceknitters egroup

Agneta said...

Wow, that's gorgeous.

Kate said...

I've just found your blog and you are a naughty, naughty girl. I have ordered the beautiful "Elegance Knit" and now it's time to brush up my Japanese.

I loved your comment about the "one skein knit it with tree trunks in a minute" books that are everywhere these days. I, too, would like a "far too difficult lace book for the lunatic knitter" - I am seriously thinking of writing one myself.

Jessica said...

It's just stunning.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is breathtakingly beautiful! And you are very brave to work in "need super bright light" black.

Lacefreak said...

Dear fleegle,

Beautiful center to the shawl! I'm sure your alternate border/edge will be fabulous. We can always look at your other knitting for eye candy until Spider is done. Maybe the Spider King could meet the Black Widow at Stitches? or another Fiber related show? Be nice for him to find love:-) Keep up the good work. I continue to tink back WRS, sigh.

Louisa said...

Fleegle, honey -- that is jaw-droppingly gorgeous! I'd say you conquered that pattern but good and made it totally your own. Big congrats! Can't wait to see what it looks like when you've completed it.

Anonymous said...

sigh. so beautiful. :)

Big Alice said...

It looks gorgeous! Thanks for the pictures.

Batty said...

Beautiful! Just stunning!